Choosing the perfect flooring that matches your existing or predesigned interiors is more challenging than it sounds. Picking the ideal elements for a particular interior scheme is rewarding but highly stressful at the same time. Everything from the material and style to the color and finishes of the flooring surface should be decided mindfully.
So, if you have considered parquet laminate flooring as an option, you’re definitely in for a treat. The parquet flooring offers style, comfort, and other long-term functional benefits for your home. Coming to elaborate flooring, nothing beats parquet floors as they are designed with unique geometric patterns that add a dramatic element to the overall interior design of a space.
The right material and quality of floors directly impact the overall appeal of a given space. In the home and interior development sector, the choice of floors plays a significant role. At present, timber floorings like parquet flooring have gained much popularity and become a preferred choice. Such floors’ subtle and natural warmth has made them a dominant choice in the market.
So, what is parquet laminate flooring?
The term parquet is derived from the French word ‘Parquetry’ which means small compartments. Back in the 17th century, people used small geometric pieces of wood finely cut & glued to the original floors. Because of the skill and time needed to install these floors, the parquet was a province of wealthy houses and public buildings.
However, modern advancements made it easier to manufacture parquet flooring in tiles form that is less expensive and easy to install. Typically, these tiles are made of wooden slats assembled together with a bonding material. The installation process of parquet flooring is varied i.e. the wooden slats can be either glued, stapled, or nailed depending on the type of floors.
The popularity of parquet laminate flooring peaked during the 1960s as it became a household flooring choice. However, with the introduction of laminates and vinyl flooring options, the demand for parquet dimmed significantly. And now it has made yet another comeback due to the modern manufacturing processes and a wide range of available options.
Types of parquet flooring
Parquet flooring is available in a multitude of types, designs, and finishes. To begin with, parquet flooring can be divided into two broad categories i.e. solid wood and engineered wood. If you plan to install parquet flooring, consider the following types before purchasing.
- Solid wood: As the name suggests, solid wood parquet flooring is made of wood pieces and therefore has the texture and look of original timber. As a result, this parquet flooring comes with the advantages and disadvantages of a real hardwood floor.
- Engineered wood: This type of parquet flooring is made up of multiple layers of wood with a hardwood veneer on top. Engineered wood parquet flooring is a modern invention that comes at a comparatively affordable price and with minimal maintenance requirements.
Reasons to install parquet flooring
Apart from being a highly stylish and aesthetically pleasing flooring choice, the parquet floors deliver excellently in terms of practicality. The following are some top reasons why parquet laminate flooring might be the best solution for you.
- Versatility – Parquet flooring fits in perfectly with all types of decor. Whether you are choosing floors for a vintage villa or a modern penthouse, you can’t go wrong with parquet flooring.
- Low maintenance – Another inviting feature of parquet flooring is the minimal upkeep and maintenance that it requires. And the best part about parquet flooring is that in case of any damage, one doesn’t have to replace the whole plank. The damaged portions can be replaced and resealed to extend the floor’s life and appeal.
- Wide options – The availability of parquet flooring in multiple styles, designs, patterns, and texture options makes them a popular flooring choice among homeowners. Generally, these floors come in both bold and subtle styles, making them perfect for varied interiors.
Factors to consider while buying parquet laminate flooring
So, now that you know the top reasons to install parquet laminate flooring, it’s important that you choose the best floors for your house. Unlike other decor elements like copper baths or pendant lighting, deciding on the perfect parquet flooring can be a bit confusing.
While functionality is always a priority for homeowners, many tend to neglect the aesthetic aspects of the flooring. To help you with that, the following listed are the factors that you must consider while buying parquet laminate flooring:
- Choose the right color: Contrary to what most people perceive, not all wood floors have the same design or color. While shopping, you’ll come across wood floors in a variety of shades of brown. Hence, pick the color that goes best with the space’s existing decor.
- Focus on patterns: Again, one might think that all parquet floors have the same geometric patterns but in reality, they don’t. Each flooring option has distinct patterns and can look very different. Therefore, it is important to focus on the patterns before making a selection.
Stick to the budget: Budget should be a priority while shopping for any home improvement items. The types and designs of parquet flooring come at varying prices. Hence, stick to your budget and you’ll definitely find the best in that range.